Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
I know I’m not normal! I also know that no one really is, what constitutes normal? The rosy lives of the average suburban family featured on films or TV? Naaaa. That’s not real!
Two words for you:
I met a lovely person at a mutual friends party a few years ago, and as we were chatting and uncovering facts about each other she said, “Wow, you have a lot of ‘things’!” She was talking about habits. Weird habits. Its true I do.
- I suck my thumb
- I twirl my hair and often pull strands out to twist around my fingers until it eventually breaks
- I take a teddy to bed and take great joy in sniffing its head
I know how gross they sound, I cringe when I talk or write about these habits of mine as they DO seem really weird, but to me they provide great comfort and they are ‘things’ that I have always done.
Here are a few other facts about me.
- I spend most of my waking time at home singing, making up songs to accompany the task that I’m doing at the time
- I don’t have a middle name, but I enjoy adding one in to a phrase used to describe me at a specific time. eg ‘They don’t call me ‘Lisa ‘good with the boys’ Taylor’ for nothing your know’, ‘They don’t call me Lisa ‘can’t use chop sticks’ Taylor for nothing you know’, etc, etc. I have used this phrase to death, it’s very useful for getting out of a sticky situation when you have said something totally stupid or inappropriate
- I can touch my nose with my tongue. I can *almost* pick my nose with it
There you have it, a small glimpse into my not so normal world. I imagine that upon discovering my dirty little secrets you will be throughly disgusted and appalled!
If we can’t be honest…. what’s the point?