Thank you very much to April (?) from Pondering Spawned for giving me a warm fuzzy feeling of happiness by recommending that other people read my blog. A recommendation form a blog I hold in high regard is, well, awesome!
U.K Slang? I’m not even aware of it.. hee hee!! I know that ‘wee’ is Scottish slang for the world ‘little’ and I use it often in my posts … but otherwise I’m totally unaware that I use colloquialisms that aren’t universal. Interesting!
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Display the award on your blog somewhere
3. Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back to them.
4. Answer the 5 simple questions about yourself.
5. Nominate as many as 20 bloggers for this award and notify them.
Questions from Pondering Spawned:
1. What encouraged you to begin blogging, and how has the experience affected your life?
I started blogging as I thought it would be cool to keep a note of observations and random thoughts. In the beginning, my blog wasn’t very popular. It would appear that by using a Daily Prompt I’m forced to think a bit more about my opinions and beliefs, and that is where the magic lies; I’m finding out more about myself as each post is posted. I really enjoy this aspect, and I look forward to my moments of geeky wordpress involvement.
2. What is your favorite wordpress feature?
I like being able to see who likes posts. I LOVE blog reading, and I have discovered lots of new blogs by clicking on random profiles of people who have liked the same post as me.
3. To date, what would you say you are most proud of having posted, and why (don’t forget to include a link)?
When talking to people about religion and spirituality I always say I believe in something without ever expanding. This is a short post that doesn’t go into too much detail, yet I think it says it all really. Plus I like the picture of me with the camper van, and also I got to use the saying from the sticker on the camper (The Post Title). Win, win, win!
4. What role does writing play in your life?
Other than blogging, not a lot. My gran always tells me that I say the nicest things in cards, but that’s not down to great writing, that’s down to opening up and telling her honestly how much she means to me.
When I left secondary school I dubbed myself as a writer. I didn’t pursue this in any way, and now 15 odd years later I blog. I’ve discovered that my writing sucks, I’m often grammatically incorrect and sometimes I too hard to find the right words (and fail)… yet I enjoy writing, as I like to THINK and SHARE.
5. If you had to do a character sketch based on yourself, would you like the character? Is there anything you would change?
She would probably make me laugh, but annoy me as she would have an opinion on EVERYTHING. In real life I sometimes get sick of the sound of my own voice!
My recommended blogs:
Life Revelation – This is a lovely inspirational blog, that often touches my heart
Kodiak My Little Grizzly – A very heart warming blog about family life
The Lissa Chronicles – The number of award nominations speaks for themselves..
CultFit – This blog touches base with everything I love. Truly epic
I’ve only chosen 4 as many of the others that I would choose have either been chosen by me before, or I know they have been chosen by someone else. Most of the blogs I read are amazing!
- Do you blog for yourself, or for your reader?
- If you were a colour, what colour would you be and why?
- What is your favourite personal post?
- What is your favourite post by someone else?
- Who is your ‘hero’?
To my recommendations: You’re awesome!
To everyone else: So are you. Thank you for getting this far! 🙂